Remote Services for Process Automation
Proactive remote support – the optimal support for high-performance operation of your plantSystems are becoming more and more complex and at the same time there is an increasing pressure on cost: Protect yourself and count on the reliable, flexible and economic support solutions - during engineering, when commissioning your automation system as well as during operation. The emphasis is on cost efficiency, reliability, and performance. Secure internet connections and the advent of IT system structures in the world of automation allow innovative solution approaches for your system.
Overview of Remote Services
The idea behind the Remote Services is to provide optimum, system-specific support for the
SIMATIC automation system from a remote location. As part of the modules offered, you will not only be provided the remote infrastructure but support and maintenance are also already included. The Remote Services are based on Siemens’ common Remote Service Platform (cRSP), a secure, high-performance and highly-available remote platform.
| ||Engineering, commissioning and maintenance of automation systems can optimally be supported and carried out via remote access through the use of modern and powerful communication media. Thanks to our offer of platform based Remote Services, our customers can access on centrally available know-how of the manufacturer anytime worldwide.|
cRSP features and benefits
In comparison to traditional point-to-point connection (P2P) the communication via the cRSP offers clear advantages:
- The graduated security and access concept includes all aspects for a secure and monitored communication
- Reduced administrative effort due to central administration of all system accesses
- Central monitoring, logging and reporting with continuous monitoring by the customer
- Freedom from disturbances due to separation of the different networks (DMZ)
- Compatible with general Industrial Security concepts
- TÜV / CERT certified
The Customer Web Portal, an optional expansion of the cRSP enables the service staff to conveniently and easily access the SIMATIC automation systems. External partners (e.g. system integrators) can be included in the projects this way.
Profiting from remote Services
- Fast availability of experts worldwide
- Reduced on site arrival and solution time
- Lower travel costs for service calls
- Optimization of system availability
- Prevention of plant downtimes
- Scheduled spare part replacements
- Extended plant life cycle
Virus Pattern Distribution:
- Prevention of system downtimes caused by viruses and malware
- Optimization of system availability through real-time distribution of virus signatures
Remote Services – Exploit the full potential of automation systems with remote capability
Siemens Expert Remote Services
- Brochure: Industry Services für SIMATIC PCS 7 (1,0 MB)
- Presentation: Remote Services for Process Automation and Process Instrumentation (840,2 KB)
- Flyer: Optimally using remote services with SIPIX SD (251,9 KB)
Proceed as follows
Are you interested in the Remote Services for process automation? If you are, contact your Siemens Contact Person. They will be glad to help and are available for more detailed information about this service.