Improved Performance for Motors
In large industrial plants, such as steel and rolling mills, mills, rotary kilns and conveyor sections or oil and gas compressor stations, direct current drives are frequently used as central drives or in connection with other production plants and are therefore decisive for plant efficiency.
The requirements in this area are:
- Operation and maintenance of direct current drives in the power range above
- Expansion of the production capacities with minimum investment cost.
- Guaranteeing the reliability of direct current plants.
- Modernization of direct current drives to increase operational reliability and plant availability.
- Extended lifecycle of robust and reliable direct current drives.
- Reduction of unplanned plant down times and costs.
Being an experienced technical service provider, Siemens offers comprehensive services with the above aim, in order to increase reliability and efficiency of direct current motors.
If a plant reaches the capacity limit, Siemens's specialists jointly with the customer's production experts detect the existing optimization options and show ways how they can be implemented. The investment is often restricted to an economical renewal of the rotor winding and the optimization or the overhaul of the stator in DC motors.
If insufficient insulation limits have already caused several unplanned standstills, these repairs can be quickly carried out.
The advantages of a qualified improved performance for motors by Siemens can be impressively quantified from experience on numerous projects:
- Shorter cycle times of the machine by improved thermal behavior. Increased availability by up to 7 percent.
- Reducing losses thanks to the use of innovative insulation materials with the same net volume of the armature winding. Reducing armature losses by up to 14 percent.
- Service life extension through the use of new materials and restoration of the motor components. Extension of the life by up to 10 years.
- Low investment volume. Investment volume lower by factor 8 than the purchase of a new synchronous motor incl. frequency converter.
Proceed as follows
Are you interested in this service? If you are, contact your Siemens Contact Person. They will be glad to help and are available for more detailed information about this service.
- Brochure: Improved Performance for Motors (1,3 MB)