On-Site Service for SINUMERIK 828D and 808D
for covering the service cost risk
Mechanical engineering companies and distributors of machine tools and/or production machines are looking for service solutions, which reduce the cost risk concerning liability claims for subsequent rectifications of defects. Especially in export business, unplanned service assignments can lead to costs that are very difficult to calculate (e.g. travel expenses). Machine producers or distributors would also like an insurance adapted to the duration of their liability for defects in their machines.
For SINUMERIK 828D, and for SINUMERIK 808D and the corresponding SIEMENS drive, motor and accessory components 1), a 24 months 2) on-site service is automatically included, which will be activated with the message of the second commissiong at the end user's. The On-Site Service ensures the subsequent rectifications of defects at the location where the machine is installed. This service covers personnel and material replacement costs for removing any trouble in Siemens Industry Automation or Drive Technologies products after the second commissioning at the user's end.
1) Not applicable for complete motor spindles
2) Up to 36 months max. after delivery to the factory
The 24 months On-Site Service can be renewed at cost in yearly slices of up to three years.
The On-Site services include:
- Supply of service personnel.
- On-site diagnostics.
- On-site troubleshooting.
- Proof of the removal of the defect.
The troubleshooting will be carried out by repairing and/or replacing the defective components.
Siemens provides a global service network with competent service personnel for all issues concerning troubleshooting in Siemens products.
- Securing the cost risk.
- On-Site Service can be extended to parallel the period of liability of machine defects.
- Planning security and calculable costs.
- Simplified processing in case of a service assignment.
- High machine availability rates by quick reactions to any malfunctions of the machines.
- The On-Site Service can be extended for machine deliveries in many countries.
- Global service infrastructure with experienced service staff.
Proceed as follows
Are you interested in this service? If you are, contact your Siemens Contact Person. They will be glad to help and are available for more detailed information about this service.