Skip to Content
|3/15/2017 1:01 PM|
Last visit: 3/21/2017
Thank you very much for your tutorial. I've got my WinAC RTX 2010 up and running on my VMware Workstation 12.0 with Windows XP as the guest. And the WinAC is programmable from both STEP 7 5.5 and TIA Portal V14 Upd 2!
However my approach was a little bit different from yours. Here is how I do it:
1. Install Windows XP on VMware
2. Set the hardware compatibility to 9.0
3. Set the properties: # of processor: 1; # of cores: 2; VT virtualization enabled; 1 bridged connection
4. Install WinAC RTX with SIMATIC NET (few restarts). WinAC SPEED STEP was not defaulted, so I didn't stop the restart process
5. After the installation process succeeded, add the vmx properties:
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000e"
6. Edit the WinLC properties from Station Configuration. Add IF1 IE_General Card.
7. Run the WinLC CPU, load the WLD file as per instructed.
8. Edit ethernet node as per instructed.
9. Soft PLC is accessible and programmable from both STEP 7 5.5 and TIA Portal V14 Upd 2!